This policy (together with any other documents referred to in it) explains how we collect, process and protect personal data about you. By visiting our website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), our data controller is Chancellor Financial Management Limited of 6 The Courtyard, Calvin Street, The Valley, Bolton, BL1 8PB.
Information you give usYou may give us information by filling in forms on the website or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register for our newsletter; apply for one of our products; search the website; enter a competition or promotion; take part in a survey; or when interacting with the website in any other way. This includes any occasions when you report a problem with the website. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number, financial information and/or other relevant personal details. By submitting such details, you confirm that you are entitled to disclose information about, or provided by, any third party.
Information we collect about youEach time you visit the website we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the website (including date and time); page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page interaction information; methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sourcesWe may also receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate, or the other services we provide. In such cases we will inform you when we collect the data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners; sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services; advertising networks; analytics providers; search information providers and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. If you authorise a third party to contact us on your behalf and entitle them to provide us with information about you or the services you have with us, we will always undertake a security clearance before any further information about your account(s) is divulged.
How we use your informationInformation you give to us is used:
- to help us provide you with targeted information about relevant products and services
- to provide you with services (including sending your details to third parties who provide some of the services on our behalf)
- to enable you to obtain a projection or illustration
- to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations
- for research and analysis in the development of our products and services
- to send you details – by post, email, telephone or any other electronic means – of products and services either we or trusted third parties supply which we believe may interest you
- to notify you about changes to our products or services
- to ensure that content from the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- to administer the website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to improve the website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- as part of our efforts to keep the website safe and secure
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the website about products or services that may interest you or them
- may be combined with information you give to us and information we collect about you. Depending on the types of information we receive, it may be used for some or all of the purposes detailed above.
Disclosure of your informationWe may share your information with selected third parties, including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
- analytics and search engine providers that help us to improve and optimise the website
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- if Chancellor Financial Management Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, as the personal data we hold about our advisers and customers will be one of the transferred assets
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce or apply our rights under this policy or customer terms and conditions of business and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any member of our group, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.